The world of mobile app development is changing rapidly. It is not only about the technology that is changing rapidly but also about the tools and the frameworks that developers use these days. The suite of tools that developers use now are a lot technical, modern, and do serve a variety of purposes. These are equally exceptional and prominent when used for app development needs.
As the landscape of programming language is enriching day by day, we have new tools in the form of open-source software that developers mostly rely upon nowadays. We tried and tested some of these tools in order to offer you the insightful information on the best app development frameworks. We have also gathered a few programming languages that developers use the most. All the tools mentioned here have defined their space in the software app development.
Here is our listing
Here is more insight into Node Js benefits
- ReactJS saves two copies of the changes that developers make while coding. The changes are saved in the original DOM (document object model) and also in the virtual DOM. So, whenever developers change a React component, both the document object model or DOMs are compared. And the changes are updated only in the view. This further ensures that the changes in the view are rendered fast.
- Cordova as a framework is renowned to develop hybrid applications. And the development of these mobile apps does not take much time and the efforts from developer’s end. When working with Cordova, developers have an advantage of including other prominent mobile app development platforms and some of the popular names include Visual Studio, Ionic, Framework7, Monaca, Mobiscroll etc.
- With Cordova, developers can target multiple platforms with one code base in an open-source environment. Cordova has been contributing exceptionally well to some of the giant techies including Adobe, Microsoft, Blackberry, IBM, Intel etc.
The trend of cross-platform mobile app development platforms is all time high now. It is only because of the benefits associated with this prominent framework that it is one favorite to not only mobile app developers but also to the leading tech companies. Xamarin allows the development of full-fledged mobile apps using C# and is one favorite to many app developers owing to a number of functionalities that come blended to it. There is a class library and runtime environment that adds more to the advantages that Xamarin has to offer to the developers.
Hadoop is again an open-source framework by Apache. One great news about this open-source framework is that it stores and distributes large data sets across servers and that makes it unique in the list of other renowned frameworks. Even if developers have a giant set of data, they can use Hadoop to store the information on the platform. This way, it is not only affordable but a lot convenient for developers to make use of Hadoop for running their app on the cluster of commodity hardware.
- Hadoop Distributed File System (the storage part) and MapReduce Programming model (the processing part) is the core of Hadoop framework that helps app development companies to store even giant set of data securely on the platform.
- Another advantage of Hadoop comes with the fact that Hadoop has been written in Java, which is one of the widely used programming languages by the developers. With Java in use, it gets easier for developers to handle as well as process the data effortlessly.
Besides being an open-source framework, .Net Core has a number of benefits in its store for the developers. The offering is for the developers from the Microsoft and that is why it gets much more prominent when it comes to the functionalities of the framework. Among other benefits that come embedded with this framework, an amazing advantage is, .Net Core runs on a variety of platforms (operating systems) including Windows, Linux, and Mac OS. So, if there is a requirement of building an app that could run on a variety of platform, .Net Core is the perfect choice for the developers.
- With .Net Core, developers do not need to choose a variety of other frameworks to develop the applications and that is why it is gaining popularity among the developers. It also satisfies developers’ cross-platform app development requirement, which is an added benefit for them.
- .Net Core is also the choice for the app developers who are looking for a scalable framework that could help them develop apps that are higher on performance and involves Docker container, microservices and more.
Angular JS has a set of additional points in its store for being functional, flexible, and cross-platform mobile app development platform. It is open-source and thus developers from global arena can contribute to the vibrant growth of this app development framework. The app development framework is mainly maintained by Google right from updating the framework to adding the new functionality for the users.
- The additional catch with this open-source framework comes with the ease of testing and developing the applications simultaneously. Along with the client-side model view controller (MVC), Angular JS also boasts model-view-ViewModel (MVVM) architects along with certain other components.
- The mobile apps having Angular JS as their framework work by reading the basic HTML. The framework has additional components of Bootstrap tailored to develop applications with specific features. The framework allows developers to test the responsiveness and speed of applications.
Appcelerator is another open-source application framework that makes it easy for the developers to create native mobile apps. The additional advantage is that it allows developers to create the application with fewer lines of code, which is probably the best advantage for them. As an exceptional app development tool, Appcelerator supports iOS, Android, Windows, and browser-based HTML5 applications.
- PhoneGap makes it easy for the developers to develop applications in less time period as compared to other open-source frameworks. It is easy to use, offers a set of libraries along with making it effortless for the developer to develop an app to run on a variety of platforms.
- The open-source framework could also be used by developers who not possess the specific set of skills for developing the application. The plug-in architecture makes it even easier to add a series of functionalities in the application.
Ionic, being the HTML5 mobile app development framework adds the goodness of the markup language in the application. App developers mainly use the framework for developing hybrid apps, which has a higher demand among the users. Ionic is a useful tool that helps to build SAAS, HTML5, and CSS based mobile applications. It comes with embedded CSS components.
- The open-source framework is free to use and thus the developers from across the globe can contribute to the development of the tool. App developers generally use the tool for building progressive applications.
- As stated earlier it has a host of CSS components, which seems to be a benefit for the developers when developing specific applications.
The world of top frameworks and tools is as dynamic as the range of applications that we have today. We have tried and compiled the list of the tools and open-source frameworks that are helping developers in creating some of the most-trusted user-centric applications. Let us know your pick and if you want to see any framework in this list, let us know about the same.
Originally published at www.mobileappdaily.com.